Heat supply pipeline universal line Ulm
Fernwärme Ulm GmbH commissioned us and our joint venture partner Franz Kassecker GmbH to lay a DN 400 heat supply pipeline (universal line) over a length of around 2,500 m in the Ulm urban area.
The work was completed in three construction phases with an overhead line, a trough duct and underground piping.
Ba0, pressure rating PN25 135°C inlet temperature:
- 100 m steel pipe DN 300 with conventional insulation on roller bearings/support structures placed on existing pipe bridges
- 360 m KMR DN300/500 laid underground
BA1, pressure rating PN40 230°C inlet temperature DN 400/700:
- 850 m laid in trough duct with conventional insulation on roller bearings
- 220 m overhead line with conventional insulation on driven piles
- Expansion compensation provided by five duct structures with expansion joints
- 1 cantilever pipe bridge SMR 400/700/900 with spans up to 27.00 m
- SMR400/700 laid on top of one another in the existing trough on the Lupfer Bridge
BA2, pressure rating PN40; inlet temperature 230°C; feed line SMR System DN400/700/900/1000 and return line DN 400/700:
- 850 m underground in inner city with steel casing pipe in feed line and plastic casing pipe in return line
- Construction of a new duct structure with automatic control via the control room to connect to the existing pipeline and redundant supply in the Stifterweg network
- Detachment of the “old universal line” and integration into the Stifterweg network with four transitions from steel jacket piping to plastic jacket piping to continue using the existing line for heat supply.
- Fernwärme Ulm GmbH
- Place of execution:
- Duration of project:
- October 2017 - April 2020
- Südwestdeutsche Rohrleitungsbau GmbH in joint venture with Kassecker Waldsassen
- Contract value:
- 7.9 Mio. EUR